Friday, December 5, 2008

Sweet & Sour Mustard Pork

A girl cut my hair in exchange for a dinner. This was what I made her. Pretty good.

  • 1 pound boneless pork, cut into strips
  • 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard, divided
  • 3 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
  • 1 (3 oz) package chicken-flavored Ramen noodles
  • 1 (8 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserving juice
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 2 cups broccoli flowerettes
  • 1/2 cup chopped red or green cabbage
  • 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In medium bowl, combine pork strips, 2 tablespoons mustard and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

In small bowl, combine remaining mustard and soy sauce, chicken flavor packet from noodles, reserved pineapple juice, water, brown sugar, ginger and cornstarch; set aside. Cook Ramen noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.

In large skillet, over medium-high heat, stir-fry vegetables in oil until tender-crisp; remove from skillet. Add pork mixture; stir-fry fro 3 to 4 minutes or until done. Return vegetables to skillet with pineapple chunks and cornstarch mixture heat until mixture thickens and begins to boil. Add cooked noodles and begins to boil. Add cooked noodles, tossing to coat well. Carnish as desired. Serve immediately.

Serves 4

*Personal notes
  • I doubled this recipe. If you do this, don't' double the noodles, they kind of over take the rest of the things, but don't change the flavor. It's a texture thing.
  • I would recommend using any vegetables you want. Next time I do it I'd throw in some carrots, maybe. Who knows, be creative. I did not use the peppers because I don't really like them.
  • After you cook your noodles, run them under some cold water to stop them from cooking themselves, also they may stick together while they are waiting to go back in, so stir them a bit.
  • I'd even spend the money next time and get some better noodles.
  • Girls who cut hair like this meal.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

mmm...this one sounds really good. you should probably try to take some pictures so we can really drool over them. or just let us imagine them. whatever.

Rowdy said...

I'll take pictures if I ever get a good camera. All I'm using right now is my camera phone which takes less than appetizing pictures.